Mid Cities Brass, formerly known as the Quintessential Quintet, is the top premiere brass ensemble at the University of Texas at Arlington’s Department of Music and is comprised of musicians Forrest Albano, Nick Thomas, Joseph Venezia, Austin Teater, and Kendall Drew. Since the ensemble’s inception in the fall of 2016, Mid Cities Brass has performed at numerous events and recitals throughout the area. These include:
- The 2016 National Association for Music Education Conference, in collaboration with the Wenger Corporation.
- The 2017 Tarleton State University Brass Day, in association with the Boston Brass.
- The 2017 Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth, Texas.
- National Anthem performances for Division I sporting events.
- Honors Recitals at the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions.
- Retirement homes for the benefit of the community.
- Casual performances at local middle schools, junior high schools, and high schools.
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is the largest inland metropolitan area in North America, known for its economic and cultural abundance as well as its professional sports teams. The Metroplex has an astounding number of crisscrossing interstates that pass through the area from coast to coast and border to border. In the middle of the Metroplex, between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, are the “Mid-Cities,” including the cities of Irving, Grand Prairie, and Arlington. The term “Mid-Cities,” like the term Metroplex, is unique to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Our brass ensemble seeks to provide great music and entertainment that embodies the vibrancy and diversity of the area.
For information about hiring Mid Cities Brass, please email us at email@example.com